Join A Waiting List
To join a Lake Regional waiting list, please read the examples to determine when you are eligible to receive the vaccine, and then sign up on the appropriate waiting list. Please do not sign up more than once, and please do not call to check your place in line. Someone from Lake Regional will call you to schedule an appointment when we have vaccine available.
- The local Missouri National Guard Mass Vaccination event is Sunday, March 7. Appointments are required. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine, which only requires one dose, will be given at this mass vaccination event.
If you received the Moderna vaccine on Feb. 11, you will return to Pier 1 on Thursday, March 11 for your second dose.
- If you no longer need on our list, please let us know.
What to Bring: Please bring these items to your vaccination appointment.
Phase 1A (see full description)
- Long-term care facility residents and staff
- Health care workers
- School nurses
Phase 1B (see full description)
- Tier 1: Firefighters, law enforcement
- Tier 2: Anyone aged 65 and older. High-risk individuals (18-64) with cancer, Chronic Kidney Disease, COPD, Heart Conditions, weakened immune system due to organ transplant, severe obesity (BMI >40), pregnancy, Sickle Cell Disease, Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus, or individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities such as Down Syndrome.
- Tier 3: Essential workers (child care, schools, energy, etc.) Phase 1B-Tier 3 eligibility will be activated on Monday, March 15.
Phase 2 (see full description)
- Disproportionately affected populations
- Remaining critical infrastructure
- Higher education
- All Missouri residents
Need to remove your name from our waiting list?
Missouri has launched a Vaccine Navigator to help Missourians receive a COVID-19 vaccine. You will complete a questionnaire to determine your eligibility based on Missouri’s priority phases. You will be notified upon activation of each phase and alerted when you become eligible. You will then be able to seek vaccination from your health care provider if they have vaccines available or view mass vaccination events and other providers in your area.
Please feel free to join our waiting list and register with the Missouri Vaccine Navigator.
The cost of the vaccine is free; however, because Lake Regional is a non-government and nonprofit entity, there will be a small fee to help offset administration expenses to provide this community service. If you have health insurance, please bring your card to your vaccination appointment.
To learn more about the safety and efficacy of the COVID-19 vaccine, as well as the phased rollout, visit mostopscovid.com.
Vaccine Distribution FAQs
Where vaccine is available, Missouri is currently vaccinating Phase 1A and Phase 1B - Tier 1 and Tier 2. Although Lake Regional has begun vaccinating these groups, demand is still far greater than we have supplies to meet. We do not know how many vaccines we will receive from the state or when, so we cannot estimate when someone will receive the vaccine.
Individuals who are 65 and older, as well as other adults at high risk for COVID-19 complications, are in Phase 1B - Tier 2. Currently, we have far more demand for this group than vaccines available. Lake Regional is using our waiting list to schedule appointments. We cannot estimate when we will receive enough vaccine to complete the list.
Lake Regional will contact you when we are able to schedule your vaccination. We appreciate your patience. We are also eager to provide this vaccine to our community.
The goal is to offer vaccination locations throughout our service area. As our primary clinics receive vaccine, they are scheduling appointments with people on the waiting list. Our community vaccination events will occur at the former Pier 1 Imports, except for the Missouri National Guard Mass Vaccination event, which will be at The School of the Osage.
The safety, health and well-being of our patients is always our top priority, and we will continue to follow the latest safety protocols from the CDC at all of our vaccination locations. When we call you with an appointment, we will provide you with your location.
If you completed the wrong form, please go ahead and fill out the correct form for your phase. You can let us know which form is incorrect through our Contact Us form. For example, if you filled out phase 1B and then realized you belong in phase 2, complete the phase 2 form and notify us to remove you from phase 1B.