Pediatric Physical Therapy
Lake Regional physical therapists work with children on gross motor development, balance, coordination, walking and posture.
We offer water therapy, bodyweight-supported treadmill training, a variety of fun strengthening activities and education so you can feel confident with a home program to help your child achieve goals. Click to learn more about developmental benchmarks.
Gross Motor Development
- Delayed on developmental milestones – sitting, crawling, walking, jumping, etc.
- Floppy or doughy feel to legs or arms
- Uses one side of body more than the other
- Has still arms and/or legs
- Excessive tight muscles or difficulty moving arms or legs
Balance and Coordination
- Frequent falls/clumsy
- Difficulty kicking, throwing or catching, as age appropriate
- Trips often
- Excessive flat foot
- Excessive knock-knees or bow-legged
- W sitting
- Poor tolerance to positional changes, as age appropriate
- Does not want to lay on stomach
- Floppy or limp posture
- Inactive sitting or playing positions
- Arches back often, even when not mad
- Baby’s head turned, tilted or back of head flat