Taking your medication as prescribed is important. Missing doses or taking them at the wrong time can cause serious health issues.
Lake Regional Pharmacy's Medication Therapy Management program takes a personal approach to helping you manage your medications. Working together, one-on-one, we empower you to take control of your health issues so you achieve the best possible results from your prescribed treatment program.
Medication Therapy Management services include:
- Conducting a patient assessment and/or a comprehensive medication review
- Formulating a medication treatment plan
- Monitoring efficacy and safety of medication therapy
- Enhancing medication adherence through patient empowerment and education
- Documenting and communicating Medication Therapy Management services to prescribers
Eligible patients receive services at no cost.
Medication Therapy Management includes a one-on-one meeting with a pharmacist to help with the following:
- Making sure you are using your medication correctly
- Reducing medication-related problems
- Finding new medications that can improve your health
- Helping you make positive lifestyle changes
- Learning more about your condition
- Finding less expensive medications
Lake Regional pharmacists will conduct Medication Therapy Management for anyone based upon their chronic medical conditions.
Medicare identifies patients based upon the following criteria:
- Have at least one of these chronic conditions: diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, asthma or chronic pain
- Take 10 or more prescriptions
- Spend at least $4,000 per year on prescription medications
Email Christa Westhusing, email@example.com, to see if you qualify for Medication Management Therapy. Please include your full name, date of birth and preferred pharmacy.
You also may schedule an appointment for an in-person consultation by calling the Lake Regional Pharmacy closest to you.
A pharmacist will call you to schedule an in-person appointment. Each session lasts 30 to 60 minutes. You will receive a Personal Medication Record, along with a medication action plan with advice on solving your medication problems. Follow-up sessions can be handled over the phone.