Endocrinology is the study of the endocrine system, a complex system of glands that secrete hormones. Endocrinologists specialize in diagnosing and treating conditions related to hormone imbalances, including diabetes and thyroid disease. Diseases and disorders treated at Lake Regional Endocrinology include the following:
- Adrenal gland disorders and tumors
- Excessive growth or acromegaly/gigantism
- Testicular (male sex gland) disorders
- Hormonal imbalance from menopause
- Lipid metabolic disorders
- High triglycerides
- High cholesterol
- Low high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol
- Osteoporosis (brittle bones)
- Thyroid disorders and tumors
- Type 2 diabetes (diabetes mellitus)
Diabetes Case Management
Our diabetes case management team works closely with Lake Regional cardiologists, nephrologists and certified diabetes educators to provide care for adult patients.
Lake Regional Endocrinology is located on the second floor of Lake Regional Hospital in the Specialty Suite.