Hospital Portal Support
Beginning June 15, 2019, Lake Regional patients access their health information using two portals. The below information is for the hospital patient portal. This portal provides information about hospital stays, Emergency Department visits, and related lab results and diagnostic imaging. It also maintains clinic visit summaries for dates of service May 1, 2017, through June 14, 2019.
To log in to either the hospital portal or the clinic portal, return to the main Patient Portal page.
First-Time Users: Start Here
To begin, click below for step-by-step instructions or choose register. You must have an email address on file at Lake Regional Health System.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enroll in the Patient Portal?
To enroll, you must be 13 years old or older and have an email address on file at Lake Regional Health System. It is recommended that you use a personal email address that’s unique to you and not being used by another person.
Proxy access allows a parent, guardian or other designated individual (like a spouse, family member or friend) to use a patient portal to connect to information regarding a family member or friend. If you are a parent who wants to use one or both of our patient portals to view your child’s health information, you will need proxy access. Learn more on our Viewing a Family Member's Information page.
How do I sign on and access the Patient Portal?
Instructions for registering on the Patient Portal are given to the patient during a clinic or hospital visit. Enrollment instructions also are posted at www.lakeregional.com/patientportal under “First-Time Users.” Once enrolled, simply login with your user ID and password that were established during your initial enrollment. Please keep your user ID and password in a secure place for future reference.
What if I don’t remember my User ID?
You can reset your own User ID from the Patient Portal. Click “Forgot User ID” at the Logon screen and enter your email address. You will receive an email with a link to reset your User ID.
What if I don’t remember my Password?
You can reset your own password from the Patient Portal. Click “Forgot Password” at the Logon screen and enter your User ID and email address. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password.
What happens if my account is locked?
You are allowed three attempts to successfully logon to the Patient Portal. After the third failed attempt, for your protection, your account is locked. You must call the Patient Portal Coordinator at 573.348.8245 to request that your account be reset. Your identity and email address will be verified before sending you an email to reset your logon credentials.
Will I be able to download or print my records from the patient portal?
Yes, you will be able to print lab results, reports, known allergies, medical history, medications, immunizations, your Health Summary and your demographic information from the portal. You also can download your Health Summary to your personal computer. Please note, any health information that is downloaded, printed or shared from the portal may be subject to re-disclosure; therefore, it is no longer protected under HIPAA.
When are lab results and reports available on my Patient Portal?
Hospital test results will appear in your portal after you’re discharged from the hospital. Clinic lab results are available 36 hours after the results have been finalized. Radiology reports are available 36 hours after the physician has signed the report. Questions about test results should be directed to your physician/provider.
Why aren’t certain tests results on my Patient Portal?
Lake Regional Health System complies with state and federal laws that prohibit release of certain sensitive test results on the Patient Portal. Also, we are not able to upload certain tests, such as EEG’s and sleep studies, to the Patient Portal. For questions about test results, please contact your physician/provider.
What should I do if my health information is incorrect?
If you believe information on your medical record is incorrect, you may request an amendment to the information. Please complete the Amendment of Record form and return it to the Health Information Management Department for review.
Your health information comes directly from your electronic medical record at the hospital or doctor’s office. If you have questions about results or medical information, please use the messaging function to alert your provider or you may call your provider’s office directly.
How do I change my email address or change my password?
Logon to your patient portal, go to Preferences at the bottom of the page and select the appropriate option to change your email address or your password.
How do I change my address, phone number or contacts?
Logon to your patient portal, select Profile, select Update, then enter your new information and SUBMIT. Your request will be reviewed by the HIM Dept. and your new information will be updated on your account.
Is my patient portal secure?
We take great care to keep our health information private and secure using the latest encryption technology. Access to information is controlled through personal user IDs, passwords and security questions.
See our Notice of Privacy Practices page.
What should I do if I notice unauthorized access to my Patient Portal?
You should immediately report the unauthorized access by contacting Lake Regional’s Patient Portal Coordinator at 573.348.8245.
How can I keep my password secure?
You are responsible for the confidentially and security of your password. We strongly encourage you to regularly change your password and never use the same password for multiple websites. To change your password, visit the home screen and click “Preferences” at the bottom of the page to change your password to something only you will know.
Deactivated or Deleted Patient Portal Accounts
We reserve the right to deactivate or delete a patient portal account under the following conditions:
- if the portal has been inactive for two years
- if the patient is deceased
- if portal enrollment has not been completed after 60 days
- due to misuse, abuse, or inappropriate usage by the patient or their proxy
How am I notified of new information on my portal?
You will receive an email notification when new items are posted to your Patient Portal, such as results, reports and appointments. There will be a link at the bottom of the email directing you to the portal login screen. No health information is relayed in any email. All email addresses will be kept confidential and will not be used for marketing or solicitation.
If you can’t see reports and are getting a white screen, check your web browser’s PDF settings. They must be enabled for you to view documents in the portal.
- Select Tools
- Manage Add-ons: Toolbars and Extensions
- Select Adobe PDF and if it says Disabled, click on the Enable button at the bottom of the window.
- Click on Enable when asked if you want to enable Adobe PDF with additional add-ons. You can always unselect any additional add-ons and select Enable for Adobe PDF’s only.
- Click on Close
- Open Firefox Browser
- Go to Tools – Applications – Portable Document Format
- There are two options:
- Ask – gives option to save or open file in browser (if this is selected, it doesn’t work with our portal – cannot view the PDF)
- Preview in Firefox (once this is selected, the PDF’s pop right up in the portal)
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Content settings.
- Near the bottom, click PDF documents.
- Turn off Open PDFs using a different application.
Chrome now will open PDFs automatically when you click them.
We also have “download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome” turned off.
Below are troubleshooting questions for printing from the Patient Portal.
- Are PDFs enabled on your web browser? You can make this change under your browser settings.
- Are you using the “print” button within the Patient Portal? The web browser's print icon will not print lab results or reports. You must click the Print button on the Patient Portal screen. Clicking this Print button will display the report in a PDF format.
- Once you have clicked the Print button within the patient portal, are you using the PDF print option that appears at the top of the page?
- Another option is to save the PDF file to your computer and then print from your PDF software (Adobe).
Will the logon screen not let you type over the previous user ID and password? If so, you may need to delete saved passwords for the Patient Portal from your web browser. Following are instructions for deleting saved passwords from the logon page for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome.
Internet Explorer version 11
- Open the Tools menu.
- Select Internet Options.
- Click Content.
- Under AutoComplete, click Settings.
- Click on Manage Passwords
- Click on the Web Credentials Manager
- Click on the drop down arrow by the web site you want to remove the password.
- Click on Remove.
- Open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More: > Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under "Passwords and forms," click Manage passwords.
- Under "Saved passwords," to the far right of the website, click More: > Remove.
- Click the menu button and choose Options.
- Click the Privacy & Security panel.
- Click Saved Logins… under Forms & Passwords. The Password Manager will open.
- To remove the username and password for a website, select the site's entry from the list and click Remove.
How to Add a Lake Regional Patient Portal Shortcut Icon to Your Home Screen
The easiest way to access your Patient Portal is to save a shortcut icon on your home screen. Clicking the icon will automatically open the portal's login page. You have the option to save your user ID and password for easy logon to your portal. By following these basic instructions, you should be able to create an icon on your iPhone.
- Open Safari on your iPhone.
- Navigate to LakeRegional.com.
- Click "Patient Portal" on homepage.
- Click “Log in here” under "Already enrolled?" (This should take you to the log-in screen.)
- Press the Action Key located at the bottom (center) of your screen
- Press the “Add to Home Screen” button.
- Name the icon and press "Add." The name may already be filled in for the website.
- The Lake Regional Patient Portal icon will now appear on your iPhone home screen.
- Click on the icon and the Lake Regional Patient Portal login screen will open on your iPhone.
Enrollment or Reset Emails
If you did not receive an email after enrolling or resetting your logon credentials:
- Wait at least 30 minutes before requesting another email. Often the email will arrive during that time period.
- Make sure you are using a reliable internet connection. Check your connectivity to the network you are using. If you are using Wi-Fi, ensure that the data coverage zone you are in is strong and reliable.
- Check your junk/spam email folders for an email from email@example.com. This email has the link to setup your logon credentials.
- If you do not receive an email, you can call 573.348.8245 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance and provide the following information about your iPhone:
- Is your iPhone software up-to-date?
- What version is the software?
- What is the web browser you are using?
The email link should open up to a webpage that provides instructions for either setting up new logon credentials or resetting your user ID and/or password. If you are getting the login screen instead, please forward that email to email@example.com and we will send you the correct link.
Common Logon Errors
- Typing an extra space after the user ID or password will cause an error because the extra space is read as an “invisible” character.
- iPhones will automatically capitalize the first letter of the user ID and password. This can be hard to see because the password is hidden when typing. Check your password carefully when entering.
Deleting a Saved Password or User ID
iPhones like to save information. If you are having trouble overriding an old user ID and password that you have reset, try these steps to delete the old information from your iPhone.
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Safari.
- Tap on Passwords.
- On the next screen, tap on Saved Passwords.
- Type in your passcode when asked or use Touch ID.
- Tap on Edit in the top right corner.
- Tap the website with the login information you want to delete.
- Tap on Delete in the upper left hand corner.
The website with user ID and password have been deleted from Safari. You should be able to go to the website and enter your new user ID and password on the login screen and save it for future logins.
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome app.
- At the top right, tap More.
- Tap Settings > Smart Lock for Passwords or Save passwords,
- At the top right, tap Edit,
- Under “Saved passwords," select the site you want to remove.
- Tap Delete
How to Clear Saved Passwords and Form Data from your iPhone:
- Launch the Settings application.
- Tap on Safari.
- Tap on Autofill.
- Turn off Names and Passwords.
Paying Your Bill from Your iPhone
This feature is not currently active on iPhone.
Print Records from Your iPhone
This feature is not currently active on iPhone.
You also have access to a text-only version of the Patient Portal.