October is American Pharmacists Month. To celebrate, Lake Regional Pharmacy is joining the Missouri Board of Pharmacy in a public awareness program: “RX Cares for Missouri.” This initiative promotes medication safety in the state of Missouri.
“Helping patients take medication safely is a top priority for Lake Regional pharmacists,” said Stacie Ling, director of Lake Regional’s retail pharmacies. “Our pharmacists take the time to get to know their patients, to listen to their concerns, answer their questions and coach them on the importance of being compliant, or taking their medications as directed.”
The “RX Cares for Missouri” campaign theme is STOP. ASK. BE SAFE. YOUR PHARMACIST KNOWS. It highlights the wide array of services pharmacists provide, such as:
- Medication management and counseling, including, management/counseling for chronic pain or conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, high cholesterol and smoking cessation
- Medication review and assessment
- Developing medication treatment plans
- Administering vaccines and other prescribed medication, and
- Monitoring and evaluating the patient’s response to therapy to improve medication outcomes.
Additional information about the “RX Cares for Missouri” initiative is available online at www.rxcaresformo.org.
Lake Regional Pharmacy has five locations throughout the lake area: Camdenton, Eldon, Lake Ozark, Laurie and Osage Beach. Each location offers a comprehensive $4 list of generic medications; free prescription delivery to surrounding areas; online refills; Sync Your Refills; and phone and text reminders. In addition, all Lake Regional pharmacists are certified to administer vaccinations. Learn more at www.lakeregional.com/pharmacy.
Free Help with Medicare
Lake Regional Pharmacy is providing free help with choosing the right Medicare Part D plan. Appointments are available at all five retail pharmacy locations. See dates and times here.