Lake Regional Health System is accepting applications for the 2018 Junior Volunteer Program, which begins in June. Young people, ages 14–18, who are interested in making a difference in their community are encouraged to apply.
- Applications are due noon Friday, May 11.
- To download the application and medical release forms, visit www.lakeregional.com/volunteers.
- Volunteers receive service pins and certificates upon completion of 50 hours of service.
- Deserving individuals may receive letters of recommendation to accompany their college applications.
- Orientation is 8 a.m. to noon Friday, June 1.
There are 10 hospital departments that accept volunteers. Duties in each department vary but could include delivering mail, working with patients, directing visitors or preparing food. Hours vary depending on the department. The Auxiliary office will work with each volunteer to schedule around work or school-related activities.
For more information, contact Betty Coleman, Junior Volunteer coordinator, at 573.964.2395.