Thursday, September 13, 2018
Lake Regional Health System will host a community health fair from 7:30 to 11 a.m. Thursday, Oct. 25, at the Elks Lodge, located at 5161 Osage Beach Parkway in Osage Beach.
The Osage Beach Health Fair will include free screenings for blood pressure, vision, glaucoma, hearing, peripheral artery disease, pulmonary function and COPD, as well as a body fat analysis. Free take-home colorectal screening kits also will be available.
In addition, the following screenings will be available for a nominal fee.
- Complete blood count — $5
- Blood chemistry profile — $10
- Hemoglobin A1c (diabetes) — $15
- Prostate cancer (PSA) — $15
- Thyroid stimulating hormone — $15
- Flu shot — $22 for quadrivalent vaccine or $60 for high-dose trivalent vaccine (recommended only for seniors 65 years and older). For eligible participants, flu shots will be billed to Medicare.
Some screenings require fasting 12 to 14 hours in advance; water and routine medications may be consumed. Preregistration is requested at www.lakeregional.com/osagebeachfair. For more information, call 573.348.8222.
Lake Regional offers a variety of educational programming during the year, on such topics as diabetes, heart disease and arthritis. Several health fairs and screenings also are held annually throughout the lake area. For more information on upcoming events, visit www.lakeregional.com/events.