CRNA/NP/PA/Medical Student Clinical Rotation – FAQ/Student Requirements
Lake Regional Health System is proud to be a teaching site for several programs in the area.
We are committed to providing a quality experience during your clinical rotations. At Lake Regional Health System we demonstrate Culture of One, we Commit to Each Other, Encourage Excellence and Care More than Expected. We take pride in the quality of care provided in our hospital and clinics. We appreciate your interest in requesting a rotation with one of our physicians or providers in our clinic and hospital locations.
For a full listing of services at Lake Regional, please go to: https://www.lakeregional.com/, select the tab “Services”.
CLINICAL ROTATION APPLICATION PROCESS
Due to the large volume of clinical rotation inquiries that we receive and to serve you best, we request that you complete our online Clinical Rotation Application. This application is strictly designed for CRNA/ Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant and Medical students. This application is not for CNA, MA, LPN or RN students.
How do I get my clinical rotation scheduled?
Contact Terrah Reeves at firstname.lastname@example.org
Paperwork to Complete
- To be considered for a Student Learning Experience/Clinical Rotation at Lake Regional Health System, your school must have an active affiliation agreement in place.
- Submit the formal Lake Regional Request for Student Rotation Form once you have a preceptor identified with all required items requested at the top of the form, along with cover letter and CV/resume to email@example.com.
- Background Check
- Letter of Good Standing
- Drug Screen
- Liability Insurance
- Current Immunizations/TB
- Clear valid picture ID (driver’s license or passport)
- Digital head shot photo – taken within the past 6 months
- Parking Permit Form
- Annual Lake Regional Health HIPAA Privacy Training and Quiz
- Affiliation agreement with your school will be sought or verified.
- Requests will be sent to the preceptor and Chief of Staff for final review and signature.
**Check with your school and see what documents they provide.
Complete your Student Surveys online prior to rotation: https://lakeregional.readysetsecure.com/rs/
Documents needed for Workforce Wellness prior to start date:
- Negative TB Gold or TB Spot Test, or Negative 2-Step TB Skin Test
- Proof of current Influenza vaccination
- Proof of MMR vaccination, or positive titer
- Proof of Varicella vaccination, or positive titer
- Proof to Tdap vaccination within the last 10 years
- Proof of Hepatitis B Vaccine, positive titer, or signed declination on ReadySet
Hello and welcome to Lake Regional Health System
Follow the instructions below to access your student portal and to complete your required documentation.
Complete the following steps to create your ReadySet account.
- Click the link below to access your secure and private MyHealth webpage online.
- Lake Regional MyHealth
- Click “New User? Click here to begin” and follow the instructions. You will need the following information:
- Access/Org Code: 3668
- Program Type: New Hire
- Population Type: Student
- Complete your Surveys. The survey status will have a green checkmark under status when you are finished.
**Upload History of Immunization Records
- You are required to upload your approved proof of immunizations to your MyHealth
- Select Documents in the left column.
- Select Upload Document
- Find your file
- Document Name (naming example JDoeNewDocs)
- Document Type choose Vaccinations
- Select Upload.
**Document upload is necessary for meeting compliance requirements.
Application process for Student Learning Experience/Clinical Rotation for employees
Employees will submit the following for their Clinical Rotations:
- Submit the formal Lake Regional Request for Student Rotation Form once you have a preceptor identified, along with cover letter and CV/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Liability Insurance
- You will receive an On-line book Orientation, that will need to be completed prior to your arrival.
- You will receive an e-mail one week prior to your rotation that will include your login/password for computer access.
- Upon arrival, you will receive a badge and parking permit. If you are not participating in any additional student experiences at Lake Regional, please leave your badge with your Lake Regional supervisor/preceptor on your last day of your Student Learning Experience. You may also return your badge to Security at the Emergency Department entrance of the hospital.
What to bring and dress attire
- Please remember to bring your preferred PPE.
- Please feel free to where business casual or scrubs.
- Submissions of applications do not guarantee placement for a clinical rotation.
- Lake Regional Health System and its affiliated clinics are drug-free and tobacco-free sites.