Suicide - It's Closer to Home Than You Think
This event, presented by Jacquelyn Christmas, MPA, BSW, with the Missouri Department of Mental Health, includes personal stories from individuals with lived experience and focuses on suicide prevention and awareness.
Question, Persuade, and Refer Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper training is included and will address:
- the scope and impact of suicide nationally and in Missouri
- dispelling common myths associated with suicide
- warning signs of suicide
- tips for asking the suicide question
- methods for persuading suicidal individuals to get help
- ways of referring at-risk people to local resources
Registration below is required.
To sign up, choose a time and click "Register."
|Start time:||10:00 AM|
|End time:||11:00 AM|
|Location:||Lake Regional Hospital, 3rd Floor Conference Room, 54 Hospital Drive, Osage Beach|