03/20/2019 10:00 AM (CDT)
This class is for anyone interested in learning more about memory loss, dementia and Alzheimer's. Come to learn about diagnosis, progression, treatment, resources and support.
Alzheimer’s is the most common cause of dementia, a general term for memory loss and other cognitive abilities serious enough to interfere with daily life. Alzheimer’s disease accounts for 60 to 80 percent of dementia cases.
Attendees will learn about:
- the impact of Alzheimer’s
- the difference between Alzheimer’s and dementia
- Alzheimer’s disease stages and risk factors
- current research and treatments available to address some symptoms
- Alzheimer’s Association resources
The class is free, but registration is required.