Media Relations Policy
Lake Regional Health System welcomes the media to cover our physicians, events and facilities. Access is granted through our Public Relations department. Media relations staff members are available to assist news media in answering questions about the hospital, clinics and pharmacies; locating an expert spokesperson; or obtaining more information about a news release or event.
Please follow the guidelines below for arranging interviews, video sessions or photo opportunities.
- Always call Lake Regional Public Relations to arrange all interviews with any member of the Lake Regional staff. Our Public Relations department manages all inquiries from the media and can provide the appropriate sources for your story.
- Advance notice of on-site interviews is necessary so public relations staff can arrange for a room for media interviews or shoots; notify the patient care areas involved; contact the appropriate patients, families and staff for your story; and secure the appropriate releases.
- To protect the privacy of our patients and families, Public Relations staff must accompany all reporters, film crews and photographers on the Lake Regional Hospital campus and all clinic locations and pharmacies.
- Reporters must identify Lake Regional staff by their Lake Regional title in stories related to the staff member's work or role at Lake Regional.
- Reporters are asked to use the complete name of the institution, Lake Regional Health System, when referring to it in a print or broadcast story.
- Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) of 1996, no information other than a one-word condition on a patient's medical status is made available to any member of the media unless or until Public Relations receives written authorization from the patient, parent or guardian.
Contact Media Relations
Members of the media who require assistance after hours, on the weekends or holidays should contact Public Relations through the hospital's operator, 573.348.8000.
Media Relations Staff